2. It’s OK to disagree: if two people always agree, one of them isn’t necessary.
3. Compliment your partner often.
4. Develop good listening skills.
5. Keep in mind that we’re all trying to accomplish the same objectives in a relationship: acceptance, support, and affection.
6. Learn to handle conflict constructively.
7. Never say: “I told you so.”
8. Don’t take each other for granted.
9. Serve her breakfast in bed; include a long-stemmed red rose.
10. Have a sense of humor.
11. Be flexible.
12. Understand the importance of small touches and caresses.
13. Massage their feet; and give them a back rub.
14. Learn to tango.
15. Never betray their confidence.
16. Plan a lunch date.
17. Create a scrap book of your first year together.
18. Plan little surprises.
19. Keep a lock of his hair in a heart-shaped locket.
20. Flirt with each other.
21. Share the household chores.
22. Ride a bicycle built for two.
23. Never forget a single anniversary. Create a meaningful anniversary ritual.
24. Watch out for each other’s best interests.
25. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride.
26. Admit it when you’re wrong.
27. Befriend his/her friends.
28. Write each other love letters.
29. Follow William James’ advice: “The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.”
30. Make romance a habit.
31. Don’t expect perfection.
32. Share your dreams with each other.
33. Be best friends as well as lovers.
34. Hold hands.
35. Don’t interrupt each other.
36. Make lots of eye contact.
37. Make a list for them: 101 reasons why I love you.
38. Call just to say “I love you”.
39. Make your partner feel special.
40. Promise each other to grow old together. Keep your promise.